Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Zlib troubles

Started by Bayle Skyfire Jan 28, 2007 at 8:28 PM 1 replies 2.4k views
Original Post
Bayle Skyfire
Bayle Skyfire
I'm trying to use zlib to compress a file, but am having issues linking in VC8. I unzipped the package to C:\Libraries\zlib, and added the paths to \include and \lib respectively to the include and linker paths. I'm getting the following errors: quest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflate referenced in function "int __cdecl def(struct _iobuf *,struct _iobuf *,int)" (?def@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@0H@Z) quest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflateEnd referenced in function "int __cdecl def(struct _iobuf *,struct _iobuf *,int)" (?def@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@0H@Z) quest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _deflateInit_ referenced in function "int __cdecl def(struct _iobuf *,struct _iobuf *,int)" (?def@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@0H@Z) quest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflate referenced in function "int __cdecl inf(struct _iobuf *,struct _iobuf *)" (?inf@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@0@Z) quest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflateEnd referenced in function "int __cdecl inf(struct _iobuf *,struct _iobuf *)" (?inf@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@0@Z) quest.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _inflateInit_ referenced in function "int __cdecl inf(struct _iobuf *,struct _iobuf *)" (?inf@@YAHPAU_iobuf@@0@Z)
jouley
jouley
Quote:
Original post by Bayle Skyfire
I unzipped the package to C:\Libraries\zlib, and added the paths to \include and \lib respectively to the include and linker paths.

Maybe you just didn't mention it, but did you add the libraries (and header files) themselves to the project settings?

-jouley
Bayle Skyfire
Bayle Skyfire
Ugh, I feel like such an idiot....I seem to have a track record of missing steps. :/

I forgot to add the lib file into the project :(

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.