Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Security -- more than coincidence?

Started by walkingcarcass Jan 31, 2007 at 4:39 AM 2 replies 950+ views
Original Post
walkingcarcass
walkingcarcass
OK, I'm not usually paranoid but perhaps someone is out to get me... First I started having the occasional login failure with Hotmail, regardless of how careful I was at entering the data. Multiple OSes and browsers. Repeating the attempt would work after a while. Then my password suddenly ceased to work on my University's Kerberos system. Then attempts to change the password repeatedly failed. Hotmail now doesn't let me in at all because of too many failed attempts. Suddenly google doesn't like my password either. I can't use Gmail at all and my customised google home page only logs in on one browser on one machine where the cookie remembers who I am. The home page section for Gmail doesn't load. Normally if I am logged into GMail I can look at my home page without re-entering the password and vice-versa. Not any more. I can't reset my Google password because it gets sent to Hotmail. I can't reset my Hotmail password because it doesn't like the answer to my secret question. I could hardly be more sure that it's correct. I feel cornered. This looks like some sort of patterned attack. What do you think, should I be worried? I am worried.
spraff.net: don't laugh, I'm still just starting...
davepermen
davepermen
Once you can't login to gamedev anymore, you should be bothered...

:)

But yes, it looks like you have a problem.
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia
My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud
JSoftware
JSoftware
Somebody wants to kill you...
Oxyd
Oxyd
Your in-brain memory got damaged. Run diagnostics and repair any errors. [grin]

Hm -- what about e-mailing an administrator of some of the accounts you can't now log in, explain them your problem and ask them when you last changed your password. If they tell you that "you" did change the passwords recently, then, well -- you have got a problem.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.