Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

hand2922

Started by Oluseyi Feb 1, 2007 at 8:53 PM 7 replies 4.5k views
Original Post
Oluseyi
Oluseyi
Workshop participation for hand2922
hand2922
hand2922
OK here is the face thing.
I'm left-handed so I did the right profile first using the image from the book as reference. Then the left profile I just tried to create the mirror image of the right profile. As you can see the left profile didn't turn out to good. I found it much easier to draw what I saw then to try and draw the reverse of what I was looking at. As for the cup the profiles are kind of far apart.

Oh and how do you embed images in your posts? I tried [img][/img] but it doesn't seem to work.



[Edited by - hand2922 on February 19, 2007 4:26:53 PM]
Fukushuusha
Fukushuusha
Hey friend!
I had exactly the same problem when I first joined this forum.It was after I read the FAQ , that I understood how things are done here.You can go there and look cause there are more than just the image linking.

This forum uses regural html.For example to post an image you type:



Instead of Lmg you should put img , I just did it so that it does not try to link an image :p
hand2922
hand2922
ok thanks,

I looked in the faq but I guess I scimmed through too fast and didn't see it.
hand2922
hand2922
here is the upside down drawing. I really didn't like this exercise I didn't see just shapes or stuff I just saw a head...that was upside down. I had the most difficulty doing the glasses and around the eyes. And now viewing it upside right I see the nose is crooked too.

Oluseyi
Oluseyi
Love it!

(Of course I do; you just drew a portrait of me!)

Yes, the nose is crooked and there are minor errors, but you came up with a very, very good drawing. I'd like to see you put up some regular drawings for comparison.

Keep at it.
hand2922
hand2922
blind contour.

thanks Oluseyi. I could post some head sketches I've done before but they are from a long time ago. I used to draw a lot but I haven't for a number of years now. I still do doodles and do thumbnails to help me brainstorm but this is really the first time I have really drawn anything in years.

Oluseyi
Oluseyi
Could you do the blind contour drawing again, but this time also focus on the interior contours?
hand2922
hand2922
ok here is another stab at the blind contour. I tried to do more of the interior lines as well in this one.




oh and I found the last head drawings I did. Notice the date at the top. Yup it has been a while :P

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.