Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Ouch that had to hurt!!

Started by Dragoro Mar 23, 2007 at 10:53 AM 28 replies 3.9k views
Original Post
Dragoro
Dragoro
Tough woman though, she got up and walked away after a terrible beating. http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=2731642&version=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
Dragoro
Dragoro
Have at it.

Why did you feel the need to try and talk down to me? Because your a mod and it makes you feel important?
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
Kyger
Kyger
Maybe because it's easy to make a link?
xanin
xanin
I'd wager its because its less work for the OP to make a proper link than for everyone who wants to follow the aforementioned link to copy/paste it in to another window.

I doubt I'm in the minority when I say that people who don't make nice clicky links annoy me and then I don't follow their link.

Now, without having followed the link, I will bet this is a clip of a lady bartender who gets the sh** beat out of her by a cop (twice her size) who is drunk. And yes, I'm sure it must've hurt.
tstrimp
tstrimp
Quote:
Original post by Dragoro
Have at it.

Why did you feel the need to try and talk down to me? Because your a mod and it makes you feel important?


Wait... That was talking down to you?
gunning
gunning
Man that other guy at the bar didn't even do anything to help...
....[size="1"]Brent Gunning
Dragoro
Dragoro
True. No arguement there. But dont ya guys think theres a better approach to showing me how other than talkin to me like Im an idiot?
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
cowsarenotevil
cowsarenotevil
Quote:
Original post by Dragoro
True. No arguement there. But dont ya guys think theres a better approach to showing me how other than talkin to me like Im an idiot?


I don't see why you think he's talking down to you. So, to answer your question, no, I don't think there's a better approach.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
SticksandStones
SticksandStones
Quote:
Original post by Dragoro
True. No arguement there. But dont ya guys think theres a better approach to showing me how other than talkin to me like Im an idiot?


I would strongly suggest against provoking the mods. Some of them can be...very quick tempered at times. [grin]

hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia- the fear of big words
Dragoro
Dragoro
Meh you guys are right. I over reacted. My apologies to you guys and to LessBread as well.
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
LessBread
LessBread
Quote:
Original post by Dragoro
Why did you feel the need to try and talk down to me? Because your a mod and it makes you feel important?


I thought it better to show you how to do it than to jump all over you for being lazy. If I wanted to play the heavy I would have said something snarky about celebrating the beating of a woman.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Dragoro
Dragoro
Erhmm okies..

Not trying to argue or cause problems.

Just curious where you got the idea that i was celebrating the beating of the woman.
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
Zmurf
Zmurf
There's something odd about that video. Am I the only one who sees it? (Well, bar the fact that a woman is getting beaten) The video seems kinda of, surreal, like the woman had no bruises or injuries and she gets up strait away after be kick and punched in the face? Is this some sort of super woman? Am I watching Heroes?

On the subject note about linking, I know a lot of forums I'm registered to automatically parse hyper links, maybe he thought a forum for developers in all sorts of fields would also have this feature ...
If it's possible for us to conceive it, than it must be possible.
LessBread
LessBread
Quote:
Original post by Dragoro
Just curious where you got the idea that i was celebrating the beating of the woman.


Bear in mind that I qualified that remark as something snarky I would have said had I wanted to play the heavy. The idea follows from the title of the thread Ouch that had to hurt!! which comes across like a milder form of Damn that bitch got a smack down!!!. In the introductory sentence you praised her for being tough, getting up and walking away, as if to say she took it like a man. These things and the fact that you drew attention to the beating without a word about the fact that the man that beat her was a cop or that it took an Illinois State investigation into the beating to get that cop off the street because the Chicago Police wouldn't police themselves suggest that you were relishing the sensationalism of the beating itself without regard to it's negative implications for public safety in Chicago.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Zmurf
Zmurf
Who's your avatar LessBread?
If it's possible for us to conceive it, than it must be possible.
LessBread
LessBread
Quote:
Original post by Zmurf
Who's your avatar LessBread?


That's Huey from The Boondocks.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Dragoro
Dragoro
Quote:
Original post by LessBread
Quote:
Original post by Dragoro
Just curious where you got the idea that i was celebrating the beating of the woman.


Bear in mind that I qualified that remark as something snarky I would have said had I wanted to play the heavy. The idea follows from the title of the thread Ouch that had to hurt!! which comes across like a milder form of Damn that bitch got a smack down!!!. In the introductory sentence you praised her for being tough, getting up and walking away, as if to say she took it like a man. These things and the fact that you drew attention to the beating without a word about the fact that the man that beat her was a cop or that it took an Illinois State investigation into the beating to get that cop off the street because the Chicago Police wouldn't police themselves suggest that you were relishing the sensationalism of the beating itself without regard to it's negative implications for public safety in Chicago.



I take it back, your a fucking moron. Where you get off putting words in my mouth is unreal. Why dont you get a fucking brain and learn something. How you got made a mod is beyond me, your so clueless an ant could outsmart ya.
"And somewhere at the bottom he fell into darkness. That much he knew. He had fallen into darkness. And at the instant he knew, he ceased to know" Martin Eden, Jack London.
Kyger
Kyger
Getting mad on the internet over a trivial matter is both mature and praiseworthy. I am beginning to see a trend in overreactions.
xanin
xanin
Quote:
Original post by Dragoro

I take it back, your a fucking moron. Where you get off putting words in my mouth is unreal. Why dont you get a fucking brain and learn something. How you got made a mod is beyond me, your so clueless an ant could outsmart ya.


Enjoy your trip.

*waves goodbye*

Seriously though, he wasn't being that much of an ass- try getting in to a debate about anything vaguely political with him and then you can shoot your mouth off - atleast then you'll have a decent basis to do so on.

Until then, pull that stick out of your ass and learn to play well with others.

Also, lets face it, your post basically qualifies as a crap post. It's a link (without the nice tags to make it a clickable link), with a vague title and no useful commentary. You're lucky that this is all the shit you've gotten.

Edit:
PS: Your sig annoys the hell out of me. Please put some sort of divider at the top of it to differentiate between your quote and any insightful things you may have to say. Cheers.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.