Original Post
OK, this is my little story, I haven't worked out all the details yet. It's more of a blurb than I story I guess, but I'll try to keep this as interesting as possible. Here we go. It basically fleshes out the backstory and motivations of the player, as well as the goal of the game. What I'm worried about is the "climax"; I'm not exactly sure what to do about a "final challenge" or a boss character. I made it first person, hopefully that'll make it a little bit more interesting. :) ---- Today is going to be the worst day of my life. I have been assigned to go to the Cathedral. No, you misunderstand. Not for a confession. Not for Mass. Not even to pray. Here, I'll give you some background. Since 2083, humans have been fighting an unknown hostile force that seems endless. Some say that they are aliens bent on human destruction, some say that they are simply humans mutated by a strange disease. I don't know what to say. All I know is that they're against us and we're fighting for our lives. We call our safe houses and routes from one place to another the Underground Railroad - if you only you knew how literal that term was. Our network of sewers and tunnels stretch for miles just under the surface of the Earth. In our sector, we've blocked all other entrances, and now we have only one way out of our hiding place - a secret passage under an old Cathedral. My mission? I was told I needed to make my way through the city and into the country where there has rumoured to have been another resistance camp, nestled just under an old ammunitions depot. Who knows if I'll make it or not, but I'm going to at least try. I will do anything for the human race. Even if it means risking my life to save it. ---- What do you guys think? I'd like some constructive criticism, and while I urge you to point out the story's flaws, please don't give me the "that sucks so bad" stuff.