Original Post
comma-seperated values file, in essence each line is of the form: "blah","bleep","bloop",number,number,float,whatever So I open it in an ifstream and think I could load it in thus
ifstream f;
f.open("filename");
while(!f.eof())
{
f << s1 << s2 << s3 << n1 << n2 << n3 << f1 << w1;
// do stuff with it
}
However, it's always reading the same line (not advancing through the file) and it's also picking up the commas. So my questions are 1. Can I set a field delimiter some how so that it ignores the commas? (I tried just catching it as a char, but that didn't work; there are no spaces at all between the fields, only commas and newlines.) 2. Why won't it advance? I'm used to using get and getln, so I've never experienced this before. It continually reads the first line in the file... Thanks for your help.