Original Post
Hi! I'm trying to implement some form of inverse kinematics, and from what I've read it seems this method is better than the Jacobian variant- I hope I've made the correct choice! Anyway, from what I'm reading it seems that from the root bone I just have to iteratively nudge them 1 degree at a time, minimising the distance to the target at each step. Is that correct? From CCD article,
I think theres a mistake on that page too. It defines
I think theres a mistake on that page too. It defines F = F<sub>1</sub>M<sub>1</sub><sup>2</sup> + F<sub>2</sub>M<sub>2</sub><sup>2</sup>F<sub>3</sub>M<sub>3</sub><sup>2</sup> Probably should be, F = F<sub>1</sub>M<sub>1</sub><sup>2</sup> + F<sub>2</sub>M<sub>2</sub><sup>2</sup> + F<sub>3</sub>M<sub>3</sub><sup>2</sup> How can I use this to make Inverse Kinematics? Is that last section with S, a, b, c, just relevant to proteins, because that seems only relevant for that 2 axis layout. All the equations there seem to be specifically for 2D... How can I do this in 3D? Solving for 2D using trig is easy... But how with 3D, when you have rotation constraints too? Thanks!