Original Post
Hello, I have a NV Quadro FX560. I am trying to use a PBuffer with MultiSampling and can't figure out how to make it work. Either I cannot find a matching Pixel format, or if I do find one, then the PBuffer creation fails. If I use the following attributes for choosing the pixel format, I get no compatible pixel format: ================================================================== *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_SUPPORT_OPENGL_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = GL_TRUE; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_DRAW_TO_PBUFFER_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = GL_TRUE; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_ACCELERATION_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_FULL_ACCELERATION_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_RED_BITS_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = 8; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_GREEN_BITS_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = 8; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_BLUE_BITS_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = 8; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_ALPHA_BITS_ARB; *l_pCurrentAttribute++ = 8; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_DEPTH_BITS_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = 24; *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_STENCIL_BITS_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = 8; /* SECTION A - BEGIN */ *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_BIND_TO_TEXTURE_RGBA_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = GL_TRUE; /* SECTION A - END */ /* SECTION B - BEGIN */ *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_SAMPLE_BUFFERS_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = bUseMultiSampling; if (bUseMultiSampling) { *pCurrentAttribute++ = WGL_SAMPLES_ARB; *pCurrentAttribute++ = 8; } /* SECTION B - END */ ================================================================== If I exclude either Section A or Section B, then I do get Pixel Formats. However, when I exclude B, the PBuffer creation works, but is obviously not using MultiSamples. If I exclude A, then the PBuffer creation fails as I get a NULL handle returned by wglCreatePbufferARB(), and GetLastError() returns [0xC00707D0]. This error code does not map to any of the 3 possible errors that this function is supposed to return: ERROR_INVALID_PIXEL_FORMAT ERROR_INVALID_DATA ERROR_NO_SYSTEM_RESOURCES I am clueless about how to get this to work. Anyone knows what is wrong with my code? I am also aware that using a Multisampled PBuffer for texturing won't work. It has to be downsampled to another texture. It's not a problem, what matters now is really to get a PBuffer with mautisampling to initialize properly. Any input is appreciated, thanks, -HappyGoLucky [Edited by - happygolucky on June 28, 2007 1:03:51 PM]