Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

First Project

Started by DigitalSavior Jul 23, 2007 at 4:12 PM 6 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
DigitalSavior
DigitalSavior
Just wanted to know when the first project was gonna happen. I know JWalsh is busy and that we changed texts. Thank You!
TheTroll
TheTroll
I am sure JWalsh is trying to get caught up after changing texts.

theTroll
Mike.Popoloski
Mike.Popoloski
There is no one stopping you from making up your own project and creating it, and then posting it here for critique. In fact, some people have already started doing this.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
DigitalSavior
DigitalSavior
Quote:
Original post by Mike.Popoloski
There is no one stopping you from making up your own project and creating it, and then posting it here for critique. In fact, some people have already started doing this.


I was probably going to start doing this. I was just wondering if anyone heard an ETA.
JWalsh
JWalsh
In the next day or two. I'm having to change and re-write the project descriptions based on the change in textbooks.

Also, I'm scaling down the difficulty of the first project a bit, based on the broad programming experience of the workshop participants.

It takes so long because I must implement it myself to make it covers the allowed topics, then I must write full and detailed instruction of the project you all need to implement.

Sorry for the delay, please be patient with me. [smile]

Cheers!
DigitalSavior
DigitalSavior
Thank you for replying JWalsh. I do appreciate what you are doing.
foolios
foolios
Please don't feel like you need to hurry. The beginner in me is trying to soak in so much with each chapter. I hope the advanced people can keep themselves busy with projects of their own. I want to do the projects too but this workshop is flying right along.
Don't leave me behind, it's such a cruel world and I accidentally fell into this quicksand, I need a rope and some nice peeps to pull me out! ;p

Just kidding. I hope to catch up, but unlike my other attempts at learning this language I am discovering so much more this time around. I just hope the beginner-types will be able to finish the workshop before it closes on us. Maybe I'm the only one behind, I can't tell by the posts because I have no idea how many of those struggling aren't posting. But then why aren't they posting?!

I rate users. Its just not having much impact as my rating is low...
DigitalSavior
DigitalSavior
Thank you for posting the project. Looks rather difficult, but thankfully I'm stubborn.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.