Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

JPod TV Show

Started by ChaoticCanuck Aug 7, 2007 at 12:21 AM 6 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
ChaoticCanuck
ChaoticCanuck
Having recently moved across the country, and soon to be getting married, I have not had much time to lurk and post on Gamedev recently. I was at a BBQ a few weeks ago with one of the writers for an upcoming show called JPod which is:
Quote:
Set in the early 2000s, it concerns a group of video game programmers whose last names all begin with "J". They live and work in a development "pod", which they refer to as the "jPod", within a company that Coupland has described as "resembles, but legally no way is Electronic Arts", located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Electronic Arts has an important branch in Vancouver and its suburb Burnaby).
As my friends know me to be a programmer, as well as a super-geek, she asked me if I could provide any insight for one of the developer characters. I gave her a quick profile of a number of developers I know, but also suggested that she make reference to some of the real-world gaming sites. At another BBQ she informed me that there will be a topically appropriate reference to Gamedev in the TV show. Thought some people here might be interested to know!
Ravuya
Ravuya
And it's a good book, at that.

I wonder if there's a character patterned after me. I wonder if I could sue.
kevtimc
kevtimc
Quote:
Original post by Ravuya
And it's a good book, at that.

I wonder if there's a character patterned after me. I wonder if I could sue.


Jason has to be the smartest nine year old kid ever. EVER.
ktuluorion
ktuluorion
Yes, jPod was a good book.
[Piebert Entertainment] [Ask The All-Knowing Oracle A Question]------------------------------------------------------------GDSFUBY GameDev Society For UnBanning YodaTheCodaIf you want to see yoda unbanned then put this in your sig ------------------------------------------------------------DAIAGA Dave Astle is a God Association. To join, put this in your sig!Founder and High Priest o

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.