Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Help with extensions

Started by timw Aug 10, 2007 at 7:39 AM 1 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
timw
timw
Hello all. Well I read what to do in the forum faq and the problem is that glGetString is always returning null. I can compile and run the demo at http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1929.asp this demo uses the function successfully. The only thing I can imagine is that he is setting up the opengl context manually, where I am using glut to do this. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks, Tim
AndyEsser
AndyEsser
glGetString will only return a value if you have an OpenGL Rendering Context, ensure you don't call glGetString until GLUT has a rendering context.
timw
timw
lol yup, I was calling it before I called glut init, duh! anyway I figured it out last night but you were right, thanks!


Tim

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.