Original Post
Hi, My first post!! YAY. I've spent the last day googling for different movie libraries that could be used with either OpenGL or SDL on Windows XP. There are a few that standout; mplayer and Fmmpeg. I'd like to write an opengl app that places movies (especially AVI, divx, xvid, mpeg2, mpeg) into rotating cubes/texture. Having looked and played with the mplayer, it looks ideal (handles a lot of formats), but is driven either by command line or via an interactive method of calling. This would be good, but it renders directly to the screen (ie, I can see no way of grabbing frames and painting onto a texture). Has anyone written a tutorial/code that links directly to mplayer and uses its functions as I would like? I'm half tempted to learn some of the code to write my own controller (but that's a lot of code to read!). Any thoughts on this or a better alternative? I'd like to use a library that is o/s independent, but I'm willing to stick to XP (Directx) if I have to... Any response would be appreciated. Regards Sp33dy