Original Post
Hello, all. I'm looking for advice on writing a short story - I barely know where to start, in many respects. I'd greatly appreciate any fingers pointed at answers that may be sitting around in the internet. To be a little more specific, I should note that I have quite a few constraints about the plot, and would like to point out that characters will be taking a back seat to the events and plot. This is, in essence, a murder mystery with specific plot points I must stick with, and I'm experiencing the same sort of trouble that I usually do: I have a hard time inventing a story without it seeming invented, and this is the major issue I'm concentrating on. And before anyone suggests it, I do know where Google is. I'm asking if you've found any sites in the past that offer particularly useful, lucid, and on-topic advice. Thanks in advance (unless you're unhelpful. Then I scold you in advance!)!