Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Another Quake3 Problem!

Started by GameDev.net Dec 30, 1999 at 8:12 PM 3 replies 750+ views
Original Post
GameDev.net
GameDev.net
Hi,
now I have the Q3 Level Editor. There I can save *.map files. But I want to have a *.bsp file to load it in my engine.
Can anyone tell me how to get a bsp file out of the map file, or how to load that map file.... or perhaps where I can get infos about loading that *.map file ...

Thanks...

bye blacksun

Chappa
Chappa
Uh, maybe you should read the readme.txt that comes with the editor?

It's in fact very simple to build a bsp file. All you have to do is go to the _bsp_ menu and select one of the build options. Then go for a cup of coffee or watch some TV until your map has compiled to a bsp file because it can take a long time to compile large levels.
The second step is to start quake3.exe, toggle down the console, type "\sv_pure 0" then hit enter.
3th step is to load the map. This is achieved by typing (in the console) \map xxx, where xxx is the name of your map.
That's all.

[This message has been edited by Chappa (edited December 29, 1999).]

Chappa
Chappa
Hey, what about if you just take some time experimenting with this new tool or searching for some tutorials on the web. Try to find it out on yer own, just don't bother people about every oh so little question you've got.

btw, I think bsp files are stored in the \quake3\baseq3\maps subdirectory under the same filename except for the filename extension (the stuff after the dot) which is now .bsp

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.