Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Glinkster? N4G? Games related social networking

Started by Naurava kulkuri Sep 24, 2007 at 12:56 PM 1 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
Naurava kulkuri
Naurava kulkuri
I just recently came across a piece of interesting news, namely Hello, Glinkster! by David Weller, the Community Manager at Microsoft's Game Technology Group. I didn't know there are sites likes Glinkster or N4G and thought that perhaps there are still people as uninformed as I've been. Regard this as a sequel to the recent Facebook anyone? to those of whom who missed the Gamedev Community group part.
---Sudet ulvovat - karavaani kulkee
baconfish
baconfish
So it's Digg for games? Stuff like this usually start out pretty cool, but their popularity ruins it. The people who come to share and discover interesting news get drowned out by those who abuse the system to get "stories" from their own/friend's blog promoted to the front page.
Ok.
Naurava kulkuri
Naurava kulkuri
Quote:
Original post by baconfish
So it's Digg for games? Stuff like this usually start out pretty cool, but their popularity ruins it. The people who come to share and discover interesting news get drowned out by those who abuse the system to get "stories" from their own/friend's blog promoted to the front page.
Oh well, I haven't ever used Digg. I don't even know anyone who has. Not really popular around here. [smile]

---Sudet ulvovat - karavaani kulkee

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.