Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Four Elements VI logo

Started by superpig Sep 24, 2007 at 5:13 PM 147 replies 26.9k views
Original Post
superpig
superpig
Team name: GameDev.net Project name: Four Elements VI Brief description: Apparently my hours of blood and toil spent creating the logo for 4E6 are simply not enough. Can you create a better one? Compensation: Nothing but kudos, sorry. Technology: It should probably be a GIF (with a transparent background). PNG is acceptable as long as it's not too big. Talent needed: Artistic skills. I just don't have them [sad] Team structure: Me. And potentially you! Website: You're looking at it... Contacts: PM me. Previous Work by Team: You're still looking at it... Feedback: ANY
Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse
intransigent-seal
intransigent-seal
Don't be sad superpig. Some people just aren't artists. I know I'm not.

John B
The best thing about the internet is the way people with no experience or qualifications can pretend to be completely superior to other people who have no experience or qualifications.
Gallivan
Gallivan
In an attempt to heighten superpig's artistic ability (by comparing it to mine), I've used most of the filters in The GIMP. Sadly, I don't know how to make something transparent in GIMP as it's my second hour in it...

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9573/logoke8.gif

Maybe someone will get some inspiration or something. :P Good luck in your search for a logo!
Mushu
Mushu
Quote:
Original post by Gallivan
In an attempt to heighten superpig's artistic ability (by comparing it to mine), I've used most of the filters in The GIMP. Sadly, I don't know how to make something transparent in GIMP as it's my second hour in it...

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/9573/logoke8.gif

Maybe someone will get some inspiration or something. :P Good luck in your search for a logo!



Now with transparency.
Sneftel
Sneftel
Wait until after the element announcement. It's been awhile since the elements were air, earth, fire, and water.
boolean
boolean
How big (pixel width and height wise) can the image be? I've got something in mind that I would love to do up, but I have a feeling the image might be a tad too large.
Trapper Zoid
Trapper Zoid
Quote:
Original post by Sneftel
Wait until after the element announcement. It's been awhile since the elements were air, earth, fire, and water.

That's my feeling too.

I'll have a crack at whipping up a logo on the weekend once the elements are revealed and I can gauge the theme of this year's contest. I'm not much of a graphic designer but I'm trying to pick up the basics, and designing a logo is a good exercise in learning Illustrator.
Thaumaturge
Thaumaturge
I'm sorry to hear that your design was disliked, Superpig...

Thank you, however, for opening the logo design to the community.

That said, here is my submission:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm quite open to comments and suggestions, as well as others building upon this. ^_^

[edit]

Oh, the font used was Celtic Hand, as I recall.

Quote:
Wait until after the element announcement. It's been awhile since the elements were air, earth, fire, and water.


A good idea; I think that I thought that I might as well take a shot at it using Earth, air, fire and water since that was what Superpig had used.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! My Twitter Account: @EbornIan
deja_vu
deja_vu
cooked this up just now when i read this thread :|




:edit:
another..



[Edited by - deja_vu on September 24, 2007 10:21:42 PM]
Naxos
Naxos


MSPaint... ftw??

Didn't think so...
Avatar God
Avatar God
Somebody go rustle up Salsa!
gsgraham.comSo, no, zebras are not causing hurricanes.
Moe
Moe
Quote:
Original post by Naxos


MSPaint... ftw??

Didn't think so...

I think you might be onto something - combining the 4 and the E... I might have to take a crack at this now...
Mike.Popoloski
Mike.Popoloski
I say do something like the Google logo, with maybe "GameDev.net 4E Contest" text logo with the elements interacting with the letters.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Cerasti
Cerasti
This is very basic and unstyled, but it can easily be changed to be flashier. However, pixel art probably isn't the way to go here.

RSC_x
RSC_x

i allready didn't get what the 4e6 is it just reminds me that singing rick roll guy. but logo looks like it neds its 4.
and may be flaming 4 and e with a good background.
like a wind and rain for adding other parts if necessary.
© Loading...<font col
Naxos
Naxos
Here's a couple my friend kindly made:



and this one:



He may also do some more later :)
Prototype
Prototype
Here's my submission.
Somehow it doesn't feel right, perhaps it needs some more work.




EDIT: Okay, that was inappropriate. [smile]
BTW tomorrow is my fifth anniversary at GameDev, if I'm still there.
Mushu
Mushu
Quote:
Original post by Prototype
Here's my submission.
Somehow it doesn't feel right, perhaps it needs some more work.




EDIT: Okay, that was inappropriate. [smile]
BTW tomorrow is my fifth anniversary at GameDev, if I'm still there.

I think we have a winner here.
acidwillburnyou
acidwillburnyou
Quote:
Original post by Prototype
Here's my submission.
Somehow it doesn't feel right, perhaps it needs some more work.




EDIT: Okay, that was inappropriate. [smile]
BTW tomorrow is my fifth anniversary at GameDev, if I'm still there.


Don't worry, you're safe

Hitler stole the symbol, flipped it, and rotated if 45 degress. What you've drawn is the holy Hindu symbol.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.