Original Post
edit: Link to the current version. I'd like to get some feedback regarding my current (vague) idea of what I've thought about so far. The player is put in charge of a single undeveloped coal mine in the middle of polar nowhere. Playing includes recruiting workers, building mine/living/processing facilities, buying ponies for making the mining more efficient and just moving stuff around, establishing new mines at significant distances from each other, installing accountants and foremen at those remote mines to ease control of them (moving stuff, people and orders takes time), collecting crystals to either sell them for cash or incorporating them into tools to increase mining efficiency, maintaining mines to prevent coal dust explosions and repairing them after natural gas explosions. Either open-ended gameplay or ranking gameplay results within a fixed timeframe. Now, a lot of this sounds cliché to me and not all the elements fit in really naturally. I'm also a bit afraid that this won't be a sufficiently interesting game (my "key" element would be the time delay to make control more challenging, and it could end up just being a hassle people don't like). So, please post your opinion and maybe I'll scrap this concept and go back to sweet brainstorming. [Edited by - Darkstrike on April 1, 2008 8:54:10 AM]