Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

2D Game Engine

Started by mittens Apr 26, 2001 at 4:45 AM 87 replies 7.9k views
Original Post
mittens
mittens
Hey. I have been working on a 2D Game Engine for a while, and its finally done!!! Would anyone be interested in testing out various parts of it, testing out the code, seeing where it can be improved, seeing what I can add, etc? Right now the engine is at about 2400 lines, and has DirectDraw, DirectInput, DirectSound (though I can''t take complete credit for the Sound part...), Collision Detection, and a complete Particle Engine. So, if you would be interested in this, just give me a shout, at ShiningKnight7@hotmail.com. Thanks!!! ------------------------------ ShiningKnightDX NovaStorm Games Project: More demos that you can shake a stick at
tryforfulluse
tryforfulluse
YEY, You finally finished it. good job, my email address is at tryforfulluse@msn.com
so send a demo to me if you can please, thanks
bad!
AmmoSponge
AmmoSponge
I would be interested in testing it.
You can email me with information at drfunkinator@vt.edu
mittens
mittens
Its in the mail. Hope you people who have responded to this so far like it!

------------------------------
ShiningKnightDX
NovaStorm Games
Project: More demos that you can shake a stick at
Steven
Steven
I''ll like to give it a go, my e-mail address is : steven.harrison@liberysurf.co.uk

When I find my code in tons of trouble,
Friends and colleages come to me,
Speaking words of wisdom:
"Write in C."
When I find my code in tons of trouble,Friends and colleages come to me,Speaking words of wisdom:"Write in C."My Web Site
shdaga
shdaga
Im game, If you still need testers, you can send it to:
shdaga@hotmail.com

--bah! who needs a signature?!
Here's a new dance everyone can do, do the Kirby:<(.<) <(^.^)> (>.)> <(^.^)> <(.<) (>^.^)>
nlo
nlo
Cool, i''m interested, pls count me in, nganlo8@email.com
thanks !
hpox
hpox
I''m interested, I''ll test it. hydrapox@hotmail.com
I''m currently writing a 2d game engine using the win32 GDI.
...
Jesava
Jesava
Why not just upload it to some free webspace and have it downloadable from here.
mittens
mittens
I probably could have, but I prefer to be in touch with each tester by mail for this kind of thing. Plus, I am working on getting a site up right now (it would be up quicker if my web-guy actually started working... grrrr).

------------------------------
ShiningKnightDX
NovaStorm Games
Project: More demos that you can shake a stick at
michiwalter
michiwalter
I''d be interested, too.
michiwalter@gmx.de

Thanks,
Michael
Redleaf
Redleaf
I''d like to take a look. Sounds interesting.
Sliver
Sliver
You can count me in!
mail me at sliver@cpgaming.com
"Wang!"
nitro123
nitro123
SURE! I would like to take a look. I am building a 2D engine in java-script. So far it looks great! I would like to see your engine.

My email is adtomi@popmail.com
Bob Jones
freshya
freshya
Tjah I''ll check it as well if you like.
PsyVision
PsyVision
I''d be glad to test it :D

xl2101@lords-of-darkness.com

cheers
PsYvIsIoN
Sleepwalker
Sleepwalker
I''d like to test it too...
Thanx

- Sleepwalker

[Edited by - Sleepwalker on November 10, 2004 12:05:25 AM]
Sleepwalker
mittens
mittens
Thanks a TON for all testing it out. I am getting a site up to provide a ton of resources for programmers right now, a basic design should be up within the next few days, and as soon as it is, I will post a link, and you can go download crazy. Thanks again.

------------------------------
Trent (aka ShiningKnightGL/DX)
NovaStorm Games
Project: More demos that you can shake a stick at
Mercury_Linx
Mercury_Linx
Count me in too please

mercury_linx@hotmail.com


...
A programmer, is the soul creator for computers.
...A programmer, is the soul creator for computers.
Nazmir
Nazmir
I''m interested as well Azmerod@hotmail.com

Nazmir

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.