Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Did the workshop help out?

Started by Mastadon Oct 7, 2007 at 7:06 PM 2 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
Mastadon
Mastadon
Hi everyone, I want to learn more about C# and how to use it, and was wondering how the workshop worked out for everyone. Did it help you gain an understanding of C#? I know it won't make an expert out of a beginner, but is it equivalent to other learning sources like books? Thanks!
Captain_Thunder
Captain_Thunder
As with the C++ workshop, it seems as though there was a lot of discussion in the beginning, but over time, it became little more than announcements to read the current week's chapter [wink]

There are still the exercises and projects though, and the rest of the GDNet forums to help you if you get stuck, so there's nothing wrong with starting here.
foolios
foolios
It will help you. Read through whatever book you want, ask questions here at the forums about what you don't understand.
Then begin the projects. Work through as much of the projects as you can from what you learned/know and ask for help with the parts that you get stuck with.
I really think the practice of doing the projects will benefit you the most.
The bonus is that these forums have very active members willing to give you feedback.
Take advantage of that and get started.

I learned a lot from this workshop even though I didn't finish the projects.
I didn't have a clue what object oriented programming was about.
Now I really believe I understand classes and the objects created from them.
Even though I don't have time right now to dig back in and get the learning experience from the actual exercise. I feel confident that when I do, I will be that one level better at attempting it than I would have been if I hadn't followed along with the workshop.

Good Luck!
I rate users. Its just not having much impact as my rating is low...
Ezbez
Ezbez
It helped me out a great deal. I'd still be using C++ if it wasn't for the C# workshop.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.