Original Post
Hey, music has 'intrigued' me for a while, and I've been searching around for free VST hosts/sequencers/etc, and have finally come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to pay for what I really want. I've tried free programs like Psycle (which I currently use), but none really seems to have the power and ease-of-use of programs like FL Studio and Acid. Right now, I'm not looking for something top-of-the-line (read: not Logic Pro), but something that can create good-quality audio. At this point, I'm pretty much set on either FL Studio "FruityLoops" Edition ($99), or Sony's Acid Music Studio ($59). If you have any other suggestions, please post them. :) From what I can tell, Acid Music Studio is more for hobbyists (it seems to focus on music creation through pre-made loops). FL Studio seems more like what I want, and relies more on samples and has better built-in software synthesizers. What do you guys think?