Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

64-bit Managed DirectX support

Started by Ravuya Nov 16, 2007 at 11:15 AM 0 replies 3.9k views
Original Post
Ravuya
Ravuya
I think I already know what the answer for this one is gonna be... We'd like to support 64-bit Managed DirectX. As far as I can tell, the current version of MDX kills itself on 64-bit machines unless I run it in 32-bit emulation. Is there any kind of workaround, or do I have to go to a library that wraps the C++ support, like SlimDX? Thanks in advance.
sirob
sirob
I don't think x64 support for MDX was ever introduced. I remember one of MDX2.0's main features were going to be x64 support, before the project was cancelled.

As for SlimDX, I can verify it compiles to x64, and can run an empty d3d10 window with that configuration, but not much more. The catch is you need to compile for either 32 or 64bit, unlike purely managed applications which select the target at runtime. The good news is any issues you encounter can usually be readily fixed.
Sirob Yes.» - status: Work-O-Rama.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.