Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Programming language for DX10

Started by ssrun Dec 21, 2007 at 10:00 AM 2 replies 700+ views
Original Post
ssrun
ssrun
Hi, I haven't worked with DX10 since I don't have Vista but someone told me that starting with DX10 Microsoft is moving the API to the .NET framework and is taking C++ out as the programming language in favor of C#. I've searched the net but haven't found anything regarding a programming language switch for DirectX. Can someone let me know whether C++ will still be valid for DX moving forward? Thanks.
andur
andur
That's total nonsense. C++ is the only officially supported language for DX10, there is no official managed version of DX10.
Demirug
Demirug
C++ is still the primary development language for DirectX. In the case of Direct3D 10 it is even the only language that is official supported. OK there is as always some kind of native C binding but I am not even sure if it works at all.
ssrun
ssrun
Ok, thanks alot!

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.