Original Post
Hey everyone I've been thinking about a game I would like to try and make. Here's what I got so far: Teams... You can have up to 4 teams with a max of 32 player on one server. That means 16 to 8 players per team. You'll have color coded teams IE team 1 = blue team 2 = red team 3 = green and team 4 = yellow Teams must rely on other team memebers to win a round. If you die you automaticly respawn as well. Ranks... Ranks depends on your frag score and capture the flag/point score. The higher your score the higher your rank. That score is called your rank points. Rank 1: 0 rank points = Basic semi auto machine gunner or Medic Rank 2: 40 rank points = Heavy Machine Gunner Rank 3: 80 rank points = Rocket Launcher or flame thrower. Rank 4: 120 rank points = Sniper Rifle Gameplay... The over all concept will be a FPS except cartoony. There will be differant weapons based on your class. Also to get a heavy Machine Gun you need to advance your level to get it. Then so on and so on with sniper being the top dog. Some of the Classes I thought up of are: 1. Basic semi auto machine gunner for light faster player. 2. Heavy Machine Gunner for heaver more damaging players. 3. Flame Thrower is inbetween a Heavy Machine Gunner and semi auto machine gunner. 4. Rocket Launcher They provide support for the rest of the team and blow up large ammounts of crap. 5. Sniper they also provide support for the team from long range. 6. Medic they patch people up and can shoot people with a really super light semi auto machine gun. The types of games you can play range from capture the flag to frontal assualt death match and team death match. 1. Capture the flag gives the team two flags in the normal style capture the flag game. 2. Frontal assualt is two or more teams have bases and there are capture points. Capture a point to gather score over so many minutes the team with the most score wins the round. 3. Death match is the person with the most kills wins the round. 4. Team Death match is also based on kills and the team with the most kills wins the match as well. Please like give me lots of ideas some ways to make this better. I am kinda basing my game idea around these models I found. http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/327513 Please try to go for unique ideas as I've already covered most of the basics. Thanks for all the input! -Toaster [Edited by - toasterthegamer on January 15, 2008 12:02:42 AM]