Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Wiring a guitar...

Started by F-Kop Feb 19, 2008 at 8:25 PM 2 replies 2.6k views
Original Post
F-Kop
F-Kop
I have a very (very) basic understanding of electronics. My BC Rich NJ Series Warlock needs complete rewiring. I've made a rough wiring diagram for it. I made tons of assumptions while drawing it. Each pickup has only one terminal. I've seen diagrams that say to solder wires to the bottom of a potentiometer. What does that do? I basically just need to know if this diagram would work, and if not, what would I change? Thanks. EDIT: There are two volume controls, a tone control, and a three-way pickup switch for two pickups.
---------------------------------Upon thine ass shall I bust but a single cap.
GarlandIX
GarlandIX
It looks to me like it should work. Make sure any shielding or ground wires coming from the pickups are properly grounded. In other diagrams, wires are sometimes soldered to the bottoms of the pots as a shortcut for grounding. Usually there is another wire from that point that runs to the bridge, but sometimes people get lazy (bad idea, since improper grounding can give you noise problems).
------------------------------BASIC programmers don't die, they just GOSUB and don't return.
oliii
oliii
wires are braided, coaxial wires, for noise reduction. so you need to solder the outer part of the wire to the ground of the instrument (base of a potentiometer). If you look at the wire, you should see they are like a wire inside another.
Everything is better with Metal.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.