Original Post
Hi, I am using C++ and Direct3D9. When I move an object around on the screen at speed, I get the jaggies and refresh artifacts (possible blurring). Putting Vertical Sync on fixes this and makes it smooth, but everything is slow and the mouse movement is 'late' in terms of where you direct it. So V_Sync is not an option. I am working on a laptop with a good graphics card. The refresh rate is at 60Hz and I notice that when I move a notepad window around in windows xp sp2 it also does the same thing. But when playing games, ie guild wars, its perfect, no jaggies etc. So is this common for laptops? Would all games made for laptops do this. Or is there some way to cater for those on laptops. Edit: ok Guild Wars is using wait for vertical sync, but it is not as slow as my program when my program uses vertical sync. Help?