Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

This has been bothering me for weeks...

Started by SeeForever Mar 6, 2008 at 4:51 AM 3 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
SeeForever
SeeForever
Greetings, Why do I keep seeing novice programmers ask questions about code not working, then turning out that the code is for Turbo C++ but they are using Dev-C++? I've seen this all over Google, lately more than ever for some reason. Just wondering.
Marineio
Marineio
Should be no difference between Turbo C++ code and Dev-C++

C++ is a standard. Dev-C++ is old.
ramearess
ramearess
the reason a lot of people can have problem programming C++ from tutorials is the author of the tutorial has wrtiten the code in non standard c++ that there compilier will accept. Any good tutorial will be writen in standard C++ when a person has trouble with code in this fashion one should direct them to a better tutorial or better yet recomend they invest in a book (and not sams teach yourself c++ in 21 days it has too many code errors)
Barius
Barius
I'm just guessing here, but maybe it's because they're using Turbo C++ at school (because of ancient hardware) and try to compile their code at home?
Codexus
Codexus
I think there is still a lot of code written with Turbo C++ for DOS floating around the internet. It used to be quite popular. I imagine the n00bs could easily be trying to get those to work?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.