Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

XCode replacement

Started by MrRage Mar 29, 2008 at 7:35 PM 1 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
MrRage
MrRage
I know apple internally uses this tool but are there alternatives out there that just kick but? I know Text Mate is good and its way powerful if you know what your doing, but its a steep learning curve - at least for me. Xcode IDE is buggy and does not organize a project like VC - which is what I've been using for years. So any tips on a package I could look into?
Khaos Dragon
Khaos Dragon
As far as alternatives to visual studio (I guess the word alternative is a misnomer on non-Windows platforms), I happen to like Sun C++ Studio 12 and Eclipse for c/c++ development.

Sun Studio is my favorite non visual studio IDE although for some reason it hasn't really caught on.. but the reasons I like it are because it has the best intellisense and function completion out of the available IDE's on *nix platforms. It also has an interface that is very intuitive to someone used to visual studio.
MrRage
MrRage
Well for Objective C, I know there are a lot of other IDE out there that basically does what VC does. Perhaps I could find an Eclipse plugin - that would be cool.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.