Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

texture processing

Started by daviddiligent Apr 8, 2008 at 6:49 PM 1 replies 900+ views
Original Post
daviddiligent
daviddiligent
Hey guys. I want to have a fancy effect for my 2D texture (say it's a 2D plane in the scene). How can I make the plane flash, you know, like a game just starts, the plane always has some fancy effect. Any ideas will be highly appreciated :)
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/Enthusiastic and wild about game development. Any opportunity would get me sink into any fantastic game-revolution era.
kod
kod
variate texture luminance, use shaders, there are lots of ways doing it.
daviddiligent
daviddiligent
Quote:
Original post by kod
variate texture luminance, use shaders, there are lots of ways doing it.


Can you give me an example of how I variate the luminance of a texture.
/----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/Enthusiastic and wild about game development. Any opportunity would get me sink into any fantastic game-revolution era.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.