Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Can import models into direct3d immediate mode?

Started by meganova75 Oct 29, 1999 at 7:42 AM 2 replies 900+ views
Original Post
meganova75
meganova75
Thanks for all your replies to my last question. I am going to jump into direct3d
immediate mode and leave RM alone. One thing
though, Direct3dRM allows you to import .x files and use animation sets with just a few
method calls. Since RM is built on top of IM,
it must be possible to import x files with IM......right????
simon_brown75
simon_brown75
When you say possible, you can load .x files, but you have to do it yourself. IM and D3DX don't support any 3d file formats. There is a demo in the DX7 SDK specifically about loading .x files though, so have a look at that first.
D
D
What I do is when I create my Direct3D IM object I create an RM object too. Now when you want to load an .x file create a Direct3dRMMeshBuilder and use its load function. Then you can use the meshbuilders functions to get the vertices or any other information you need.
Cruxis
Cruxis
Well,

The simpliest would be to use:

D3DFILE

That handles the load of .x files.
Look it up, its in the .h file under
samples\d3dim\include I think.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.