Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Portfolio += SDL Games

Started by nbertoa May 5, 2008 at 11:04 AM 2 replies 800+ views
Original Post
nbertoa
nbertoa
Hi gamedev comunnity. I will learn SDL to make games. Do you think that these games are good for my portfolio or not? Thanks
aleisterbukowski
aleisterbukowski
Yes!

It doesn't even matter what games you make either I don't believe. I guess it would depend on what company you send your portfolio off to, for I can see certain game developing companies will be looking for specific game concepts, languages, API knowledge as others will just look to see if you can learn a library and utilize it. Nevertheless, making any games from any library, and throwing in your portfolio would be a plus anyways.

I say it's better to have a game in something, and turn that in than have nothing at all!
EdR
EdR
Specific tools--libraries, languages, whatever--matter less than the concepts you learn through them. Anything can help.
http://edropple.com
nbertoa
nbertoa
I think to make a game with a 3D engine but with SDL is more easy and I can complete a game in few time

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.