Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Get your programmer personality!

Started by Semeii May 16, 2008 at 8:20 AM 59 replies 9k views
Original Post
Semeii
Semeii
It would be interesting what are personality types dedicated(?) to game dev stuff so heres the test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp -> You will get four letters (like i got INTJ ) then read description here http://www.personalitypage.com/high-level.html . Don't forget to post your results! :) Ill add some statistics: (how to add a pool??) * ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers - 4 * ISTP - The Mechanics - 5 * ISFJ - The Nurturers - 1 * ISFP - The Artists - 1 * INTJ - The Scientists - 15 * INTP - The Thinkers - 8 * INFJ - The Protectors - 3 * INFP - The Idealists - 1 * ESTJ - The Guardians - 1 * ESTP - The Doers - 0 * ESFJ - The Caregivers - 1 * ESFP - The Performers - 2 * ENTJ - The Executives - 6 * ENTP - The Visionaries - 4 * ENFJ - The Givers - 3 * ENFP - The Inspirers - 0 INTJ wins... a lot :D [Edited by - Semeii on September 22, 2008 8:39:35 AM]
Wan
Wan
ENTP apparently, but don't really believe in these things (although with 70+ questions it probably more accurate then the average Cosmopolitan test).
Lode
Lode
What has it got to do with programming? It's more generally a personality test appearantly.

EDIT: btw, I got ISTJ with strengths 11 1 25 11.

[Edited by - Lode on May 16, 2008 9:57:49 AM]
asp_
asp_
ENTJ

Quote:

ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way... "I make these little plans that really don't have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out." While "compelled" may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types.

ENTJs are often "larger than life" in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline.

TRADEMARK: -- "I'm really sorry you have to die." (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.)

ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with.


I guess it matches my personality pretty decently. I started my career in a lead role. Not much of a salesman though, more because I hate embellishing than I lack the skill. I'd rather be the cult leader than the world leader, muahahahahahahaaaaa!
klems
klems
INFP. I felt it was a pretty good description, except for the part about INFPs not being supposed to like using logic.
Semeii
Semeii
Quote:
Original post by WanMaster
ENTP apparently, but don't really believe in these things (although with 70+ questions it probably more accurate then the average Cosmopolitan test).


Actually its pretty good test, designed in lots of time by psychology expert... Not at all like cosmopolitan ;D
DarkPsychosis
DarkPsychosis
ENTP

I'm not sure how common a result that is. The description seemed more accurate than the alternatives I had a read through, though I think the INTP description wasn't far off.
Harry Hunt
Harry Hunt
Quote:

INFJ

Introverted 11%
Intuitive 12%
Feeling 38%
Judging 11%

Quietly forceful, original, and sensitive. Tend to stick to things until they are done. Extremely intuitive about people, and concerned for their feelings. Well-developed value systems which they strictly adhere to. Well-respected for their perserverence in doing the right thing. Likely to be individualistic, rather than leading or following.


Not at all a bad description of me.

Also:

Quote:
Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.
Promethium
Promethium
INTP

Introverted - 78%
Intuitive - 25%
Thinking - 25%
Perceiving - 56%

According to the description this puts me in the same group as Albert Einstein, Charles Darwin, and Thomas Jefferson. Not bad :)

But even though some of the stuff in the descriptions match, I don't think they are spot on. These tests are kind of like horoscopes, designed to be generally pleasing and inoffensive to all.
Metorical
Metorical
ENTJ

Strength of the preferences %
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
89 88 1 67
Anon Mike
Anon Mike
I'm always just on the INTJ side of the border between INTJ and INTP in these tests.
-Mike
smr
smr
INTP - 78 12 56 78

I think we've done this before...

EDIT: Ah yes, many times
Sneftel
Sneftel
Nearly everyone's an INTJ on the Myers-Briggs. It's how geeks idealize themselves.
Sirisian
Sirisian
I was like "pfft, my personality is unique!"

definitely got INTJ
Introverted 56
Intuitive 50
Thinking 38
Judging 56

how predictable.
Oberon_Command
Oberon_Command
INTP here. Every test I take says I'm INTP, and the descriptions match quite well.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.