Original Post
Hi, I've been trying my best to sort out projects and have come into my first big obstacle. Is there a popular way to organize a directx project? If so please explain or provide links thanks! My problem: I have begin_render() and end_render() functions. anything inbetween gets rendered. However, this architecture requires me to hard code everything to be rendered with individual object.draw() calls. In games, I'm assuming that after each loop of logic is processed, a call is made to render() everything. when thousands of objects have the opportunity to be drawn, how does the programmer tell render() what and what not to draw? I hardly think that each object is passed as an argument. but possibly passed as a list of pointers? so in essence you'd update the list every refresh? My question: Architecturally, what's the best way to design with the above problem kept in mind?