Original Post
Hi all, I was unsure whether to post here or in consoles/PDA section but I figured this is a pretty beginner topic. First off I have had the negative experience of starting off on tutorials twice that have been slated later on by this community, so I thought I would ask first this time. I am looking for some nice recommended tutorials that would be good to get me into DS programming. I have got myself an R4 already, so I am on to the 'do' bit really. However, from reading a few posts here, I am not sure if I want to programme for the DS anymore. I do love my DS, and I like the fact that I can make games without overly fancy graphics (blah blah..). One of the main reasons I wanted to start programming for DS, was that I thought it would be a good thing to show at an interview 'look at what I made for the DS'. I have just graduated from a computer gaming degree so this wouldn't be my only interview piece. I am now under the impression that this thought might have been slightly naive of me. From what I have read I thought that homebrew on the DS was pretty much legal, but this fact seems to have been called into question now. Also, it seems that some of the better resources for programming would be 'hard to find'. I am getting a completely different complexion of what programming for the DS will entail (although I am aware the official dev kits are only avaliable to selected developers). So in a nut-shell, is it worth me spending the time and effort programming for the DS. Would it actually look good at an interview or would it project me as some kind of 'rogue' programmer :P. Sorry if this is a weird post, I'm just a little unsure at the moment. Any comments will be very mcuh appreciated.