Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Level Designer/Artist Looking for Work

Started by qblocks_models Jul 17, 2008 at 8:15 PM 2 replies 600+ views
Original Post
qblocks_models
qblocks_models
Greetings all, I've enjoyed these forums a lot and keep going back to them for advice and so fourth, so now it's my turn to give something back. I'm currently on a recruitment hold with a design company who create games such as Silent Hill and I'm looking for some 3D level design work in the mean time. I'm mainly looking for paid work; however I’m not asking industry salary I've previous experience working with SEGA and also Sony and have done plenty of freelance work. I've worked my way up as a junior designer to a full time game designer and now I’m basically on a break for few months until after Christmas 2008. I'm very fluid with industry standard pipelines, within the design area and also have 4 years plus experience on art (mostly 3ds Max). I've also used UnrealED to set out main BSP level layouts to full grown environments. Below are a few examples of work. Contact me: qblocks@live.co.uk ps. looking for any 3D based game. Preferably a FPS or TPS, however taking anything at the moment. Level Layout (key not visible) http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3434/mapfu2.jpg Level UnrealED (War Version 3.0) http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/3875/011sl9.jpg More samples will be supplied on contact.
Jay Dolan
Jay Dolan
Hi,

You mentioned "mainly paid work", and so while I can't afford to pay you (FOSS project), I figured I'd mention Quake2World in case you're up for a little pro bono ;)

The tool of choice would be GtkRadiant; we provide drop-in game settings for 1.5 and the 1.4/1.6 (trunk) builds. In fact, our game pack is going to be included in the GtkRadiant release id is preparing for Quake Live.

If you're at all interested, you can check out my previous Help Wanted thread and get in touch via IRC or email.

#quetoo on freenode.net
jdolan at jdolan dot dyndns dot org
Project LeadQ u a k e 2 W o r l dhttp://quake2world.net
erlend_sh
erlend_sh
You don't also do concept art do you? Our in-house level editor should make level editing a breeze, but before entering this stage we'd like to establish some more solid concept art for our demo terrain.

Any chance you could fill this position?
DeamonLord
DeamonLord
He's a modeler/level designer who uses more advanced tools such as Max, or Maya to design, and create levels that are to be imported into an engine such as Unreal ED. His post shows that he has good amount experience in the level design aspect of game creation. He definitely deserves paid work offers. Good luck to you qblocks_models in finding job offers here.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.