Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Braindump! Need help brainstorming tools...

Started by ildave1 Sep 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM 0 replies 1k views
Original Post
ildave1
ildave1
This semester I have a game project to complete, and I'm trying to come up with an idea for a tool that I can develop within these 15 weeks or so. Who knows, the tool could actually end up helping you some day. So if you need something, be sure to highlight it here or by tossing me an e-mail. I'm having a hard time coming up with a good list of what sort of tools are needed for game development, and that would help me when I apply to these game development companies. I figured I'd drop in to get some ideas. The completely obvious tool is a 2D or 3D map editor. But beyond that? Or even integrated in that (what does a good map editor need?). I notice for a lot of tool development positions require knowledge with MEL. What sort of tools are developed for aiding in the development with MEL? Anyway, any help would be great. Thanks in advance.
leandro81
leandro81
You could develop something like the Scythe Physics Editor. It is a really useful tool.

Basically, it lets you bind your 3d models with physical models in a easy and visual way, so 3D artists could do this binding, and then you use a library to automatically load it in your game.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.