Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

What IDE are YOU using?

Started by McCoder Sep 15, 2008 at 2:31 AM 62 replies 13.5k views
Original Post
McCoder
McCoder
What is IDE and/or compiler is anyone using here? And on what OS?
Enrico
Enrico
Netbeans and vim on RH3, RH5 and Debian :)
Together with GCC, sometimes testing ICC and llvm.
--
hh10k
hh10k
At home I use Visual C++ 2008 Express on Vista.
On my EEE PC 701 I use GCC and Vim on Ubuntu.
At work I use Visual Studio 2005 (moving to 2008) on XP. Mostly for C# right now.
NickGravelyn
NickGravelyn
For the day job: Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (specifically C#) on Windows Vista.
For the hobby XNA stuff: Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (again, C#) (soon 2008 when XNA GS 3.0 comes out) on both Vista and XP.
For the hobby iPhone/OS X stuff: Objective-C using Xcode 3.1 on OS X 10.5.4.
Trapper Zoid
Trapper Zoid
At the moment my research work is mainly using command line Python with a variety of code editors (no IDE), and C and C++ code compiled with gcc and g++.

Game Development was in C++ using Xcode for Mac OS X as my primary dev platform, and Code::Blocks for the Windows port.

When I get back into game development in a month I'll be looking for a good Python IDE - I'm leaning towards Komodo as it doubles as a PHP and HTML/CSS IDE for web work, but I'll need to trial it first.
riruilo
riruilo
Code::blocks on Linux and Windows XP.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
LordOrion
LordOrion
Work: Visual Studio 2005 + Visual AssistX on Windows XP.
Home: Visual Studio 6/2005 + Visual AssistX on Windows XP.
Bye and Thanks!SiS.Professional Software Developer.
davepermen
davepermen
since the first release, i used c# express edition and c++ express edition (and the web developer etc..)

now, that i got access to a quite cheap vs2008, i use visual studio 2008 (standard) + visual svn + xna 3.0 gamestudio (ctp).

i like the extensions-possibility of the full vs. svn integration is awesome :)
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia
My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud
grekster
grekster
Visual Studio 2005 at home and work.
Quote: Original post by BosskIn Soviet Russia, you STFU WITH THOSE LAME JOKES!
Drew_Benton
Drew_Benton
Visual Studio 6/2003/2005/2008 with Visual Assist X. Life doesn't get any better than with VAX, it's beyond amazing. I'm on XP w/ SP3 on my desktop.
th-busch
th-busch
Eclipse with CDT (http://www.eclipse.org/cdt/) on Ubuntu linux, can't live without all those eclipse plugins..
AIRMichael2
AIRMichael2
Quote:
Original post by Trapper Zoid
At the moment my research work is mainly using command line Python with a variety of code editors (no IDE), and C and C++ code compiled with gcc and g++.

Game Development was in C++ using Xcode for Mac OS X as my primary dev platform, and Code::Blocks for the Windows port.

When I get back into game development in a month I'll be looking for a good Python IDE - I'm leaning towards Komodo as it doubles as a PHP and HTML/CSS IDE for web work, but I'll need to trial it first.


Just a rough guess, working on something related to biology?

Useing GCC and visual studio myself.

Trapper Zoid
Trapper Zoid
Quote:
Original post by AIRMichael2
Just a rough guess, working on something related to biology?

Computer vision actually. I've done most of my stuff in Matlab or C, but this algorithm test seemed suited to Python.
Elvis Enmanuel
Elvis Enmanuel
Code::Blocs in Windows (gcc 4.4.0), Linux (gcc 4.2.1) and MacOSX (gcc ¿?)
Ezbez
Ezbez
Visual Studios for C# and C++, and Vim + command line for Python. Windows XP.
rfterdarc
rfterdarc
Visual Studio 2008 SP1 + .Net 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2008
gimbal_
gimbal_
Netbeans 6.1 and Visual Studio 2005, both on XP pro.
AIRMichael2
AIRMichael2
Quote:
Original post by Trapper Zoid
Quote:
Original post by AIRMichael2
Just a rough guess, working on something related to biology?

Computer vision actually. I've done most of my stuff in Matlab or C, but this algorithm test seemed suited to Python.


Cool. I work at a medical center, and alot of my colleges who are more in the lab then me, are mostly working with Python to do dna sequences searches etc.

haegarr
haegarr
eclipse for the Java projects at the company, and Xcode for Mac related game engine dev; linux support has fallen asleep in april (need to resurrect it soon), but in general I used eclipse and CDT until then. From that you can guess that gcc/g++ are the used compilers for C/C++.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.