Original Post
I'm gathering resources on a feature that I dream of implementing in my real-time strategy simulation which is: A model of an ecology with vegetation which can support animal life, but I'm having a hard time finding the resources on this topic. These are the things I have in mind for the simulation: Plant growth based on temperature, sunshine and water and nutrients in the soil Cyclic flow of nutrients from the soil to plant life and back Once this is up and running, I'd very much like to add large herbivores and predators to the system. These will be modelled as AI agents. In the end, I hope that I can model agriculture as well. Of course I realize that any model I create would be at risk of becoming unstable, so I am prepared to use plenty of cheats and hacks to make it work, but my goal is still to start with a clean-looking and fairly plausible model. So, are there any resources out there that might help me in this quest? My library had this book which appears useful, but isn't directed at games of course.