Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

How would I go about having an avi surface in OpenGL?

Started by DarkEliteHacker Jun 16, 2001 at 11:07 AM 3 replies 850+ views
Original Post
DarkEliteHacker
DarkEliteHacker
I wanted to have avi''s for fire and other effects including the cutscenes in my game but haven''t figured it out yet. Anybody have any suggestions?
"I can only show you the door, your the one who has to walk through it"
superpig
superpig
You need the AVIFile() functions. Check the MSDN Multimedia section.

Superpig
- saving pigs from untimely fates
Richard "Superpig" Fine - saving pigs from untimely fates - Microsoft DirectX MVP 2006/2007/2008/2009
"Shaders are not meant to do everything. Of course you can try to use it for everything, but it's like playing football using cabbage." - MickeyMouse
guptan
guptan
check out this NEHE article: http://nehe.gamedev.net/tutorial/playing_avi_files_in_opengl/23001/
guptan
guptan
I didn't notice the date of the post and saw that it was a question that would arise so common.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.