Original Post
Comments for the article Lessons Learned – Hobby Game Development
Quote:
Original post by Zeophlite
Also, what would you recommend to make tools? I'm really only well versed in SDL/C++/OpenGL "game loop", so I'm wondering where to start with "windows" type applications (although, not Win32, preferrably something more open source and cross platformable). Any suggestions?
Quote:
If you have any comments, please reach me at grafalgar at gmail dot com. I look forward to any feedback!

Quote:
Original post by Grafalgar
I say that because it's very easy to fall into the trap of "this works, so lets keep it as is" - and pretty soon you'll find yourself with hundreds of different text files all doing slightly different things with slightly different formats.
Quote:
Original post by smr
Old code usually has been well debugged, and it's easy to reintroduce those bugs in the new code if you aren't careful. Also your return on time invested must be considered as a factor in your decision to rewrite.
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more