Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Varicosocelectomy, bilateral something-erother, and epic scrotal adventure (18A)

Started by BreathOfLife Nov 5, 2008 at 1:45 AM 9 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
BreathOfLife
BreathOfLife
Firstly, this post might get a lil graphic for some, maybe a bit crude, but for some reason its still one of those things that I just need to share, with anyone. Its not that the outcome of the events makes me happy, its more of a joyous relief, a carthesis if you will. So without further adue... . . . . . . . OK, wow, I just had the most... intresting past four days evar. Friday I had a few surgeries on my man-bits (something didnt quite form correctly, and by something, I mean a few things), and needless to say, there was stitches and gause. ANYWHO, on the bottom of my sack, the corner of a chunk of gause got stuck on a stitch, so I clipped it as small as possible, and ignored it. Well not really, I poked at the corner to make sure it was still... gause like, and that nothing was up. This was on saturday. Then on sunday, there was a sharp pain whenever I stood, which I just kind of blamed on the "scrotal support" (fancy medical term for "jock strap thats one size too small). Then I got fancy with a mirror (try and look at the bottom of your sack without moving it... like, the very bottom), and realized all but the small soft corner of the gause I was checking had been entirely saturated with blood, which had dried, and was being forced into the flesh. Ouch. So as to not pop a stitch, I poked and prodded it until it fell off. Booya, victory was mine. Or so I thought. The pain was still there, hadnt really even stopped in the slightest. Again I chalked it up to the support. Whatever. Now, Im in colledge, so I need my partish time corner store job to survive, and burning pain whilst standing just isnt going to fly, so I was getting worried. Then lo and behold a chunk of a scab fell off of the area. I hadent noticed, but under the gause bit there was a large angular sharpish scab. OI. More poking and prodding, and a nagging "should likely let a proffesional know about this but its almost one in the morning" thought later, no more scab! Now its down to a mild sting! True victory is mine! Unless of course the precedeing events have massive adverse side effects. In which case I may very well be hooped. Nothing emidiate, as Im sure that would involve acute pain and/or unstoppable bleeding, both absent. I guess Ill just have to sleep on it, and hope that all is well in the AM. PS. Ill keep this bout of scrotal chat to a minimum, likely just this once (mainly as if I did solve the problem, not much else could happen. But now comes the chat part, does anyone else have any other self-inflicted and/or resolved medical mishaps? I do feel silly for not just trying to fully remove the gause in the first place, but I didnt want to yank on the stiches... and the comfort of not being alone in folly is always smile enducing.
_goat
_goat
Too long, didn't read.






OH MY GOD U DID WOT?


I'd get it checked out. It's your man-bits! They're important-bits!
Toolmaker
Toolmaker
Wait what? You didn't check with your doctor? I mean, even if you decided not to use these parts any time soon, I think it's rather important to keep them in proper shape. And in proper shape, I mean prevent certain parts of falling out/off.

Go see a doctor.
 
ChurchSkiz
ChurchSkiz
The scab was AIDS, good thing you picked it off.
samoth
samoth
While pain after a surgical intervention (in particular in sensitive locations) is somewhat "normal", the particular "pain while standing" condition wouldn't let me sleep, tbh.
I'd be too worried thinking about epididymitis or testicular torsion :-/
Demosthenes
Demosthenes
Quote:
Friday I had a few surgeries on my man-bits (something didnt quite form correctly, and by something, I mean a few things), and needless to say, there was stitches and gause.


Ouch.

Quote:
ANYWHO, on the bottom of my sack, the corner of a chunk of gause got stuck on a stitch, so I clipped it as small as possible, and ignored it. Well not really, I poked at the corner to make sure it was still... gause like, and that nothing was up. This was on saturday.


Ouch. Ouch. Stop poking.

Quote:
So as to not pop a stitch, I poked and prodded it until it fell off. Booya, victory was mine.


Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Stop poking dammit.

Quote:
Then lo and behold a chunk of a scab fell off of the area. I hadent noticed, but under the gause bit there was a large angular sharpish scab. OI. More poking and prodding, and a nagging "should likely let a proffesional know about this but its almost one in the morning" thought later, no more scab!


Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. OUCH! STOP IT!

Seriously, if your penis falls off don't blame the doctor.
Mantrid
Mantrid
shit, anything to do with my balls and im straight to the doctor. i hadnt been to a doc since i was about 10 but i re-registered just cos i felt a lump on my balls and after 2 months t was still there, so i made an appointment

THEN came the worrying of "shit, what if i get a hardon? it'd be less embarassing with a female doctor... but nah i can't get a hardon just from touching. then again those bus journey vibrations do it (always just before you're supposed to disembark as well..wtf!)...is it wrong to have a wank so a man doesnt give me a hardon?"

anyway the day came and no hardon. hurrah! but i had to go for an ultrasound

so i go to this woman, without a hello she's like "right, i'm just going to rub some lubricant on your testicles here.." wtf. it was like an intro to a dodgy low-budget porno

anyway, for an hour or so's worth of being in the frigging twilight zone it suddenly stopped 2 months of worry when it was all just a cyst, so worth getting shit seen to just for the peace of mind that you're not giving your own balls gangrene by pulling bits of them off!

gamedev doctor says: "leprosy of the testicles, get some whiskey and a sharp knife for field amputation"
Mr Gay
Mr Gay
You really should have asked gamedev about this first. They've helped me with many of my scrotal disasters.
Evil Steve
Evil Steve
Man, these GDNet medical threads just get better and better.
Mr Gay
Mr Gay
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Man, these GDNet medical threads just get better and better.


This is just a low-rent rehash of my Kuato thread.
HelplessFool
HelplessFool
Quote:
Original post by Mr Gay
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Man, these GDNet medical threads just get better and better.


This is just a low-rent rehash of my Kuato thread.


Wait what? When did you become APC?
Mr Gay
Mr Gay
Quote:
Original post by HelplessFool
Quote:
Original post by Mr Gay
Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Man, these GDNet medical threads just get better and better.


This is just a low-rent rehash of my Kuato thread.


Wait what? When did you become APC?


I am APC. Always have been. I registered this account for this thread:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=464890

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.