Original Post
The problem I have is that I have a workspace with two projects in it. One is all of my game code, and the other is an MFC diagnostic tool I'm building for the game. I want the tool to include in its build the source files from the game project, but I don't want two copies of source floating around in two different places. I want to keep them organized by project. What I tried doing is setting the game project to be a dependent project of the tool. However I get LNK2001 errors saying it can't find the parts of my game engine I use in the tool, and it ends with LNK1120. I think part of the problem is that the .cpp files reference a relative path of the .h for my classes, and the game code classes are in a different directory than the tool code. So I tried telling the tool project to use the .obj files generated from debug builds of the game, but then I got many errors, among them ones that operators new and delete are already defined. I also tried adding additional include paths to the project settings -> C/C++ tab -> PreProcessor category, but that did not work. I guess I'm looking for something I haven't tried yet, or to know if I'm even going about this the right way. Thanks in advance! [Edited by - MajorShredd on November 9, 2008 8:35:05 PM]