Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Visual C++ Problems With DirectX

Started by GameGuy Dec 20, 1999 at 3:04 AM 4 replies 650+ views
Original Post
GameGuy
GameGuy
I've been having some problems with Visual C++ when linking programs that use directX. The program compiled fine, but when I tried to link it I got this message

Prog10_1.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectDrawCreate@12

Anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks a bunch

GameGuy
GameGuy
Thanks A Bunch!!!!

GameGuy
GameGuy
I'm a newbie, how do you add lib files?
frizb
frizb
Go to your project settings and select the links tab. Then type it in the space where all of the other LIBS are located. Thats it!

------------------
Still Learning...

Still Learning...
Zenroth
Zenroth
Though you need to goto tools and set the up a dir to point to the libs(unless you move them to your msdev lib dir) Also include Dxguid.lib(youll need it sooner or later most likly (it has all the standered GUIDS in it).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.