Original Post
I was wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers for a project: Tile-based game, map generation is done via Perlin. Now I would like to use Perlin to place the enemies on the map (decision whether there is an enemy in this cell, as well as creation of the enemy himself). Enemies consist of - Amount of action points (turn-based) - Hitpoints and carry/wear those items: - Weapon(s), Grenade(s) - Ammunition - Armor All items have a method which returns the "value" of it, i.e. a weapon with a high range and/or more damage has a higher value than one with a shorter range and/or less damage. Now I would like to use Perlin to create enemies using their location (x,y) on the map as parameter, whereas the power of these enemies should depend on the distance between player starting location (home) and the enemy's location as well, i.e. the further the player moves away from "home", the stronger the generated enemies are. Any hints on how to create those enemies? Weak ones far from home are not necessarily bad, quite the opposite - but strong ones right on the start are a no-go. I thought about limiting the value of items, hitpoints and action points according to the distance from home and leave to actual value determination to randomness, but that seems a little.. well, too random to me. :) Did anyone come up with something a little more sophisticated already maybe?