Original Post
I'm trying to dump a large amount of text into a RichTextBox using the += operator on the Text property. I'm talking like thousands of lines of text (short lines). The problem is, it takes several minutes to '+=' all the text (it's in a for loop). During this time the program is frozen. When it's all finished a few minutes later, it shows up just fine and I can scroll through all of it, but I'm wondering if there is a way to speed that process up. Is the RichTextBox trying to repaint itself when I add text, or what might be going on that would cause such a simple operation to be so slow? I know it's not just the amount of text being copied, because I tried adding it to a plain String object instead of the RichTextBox and it copied pretty much instantly. Thanks!