Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

C#

Started by devnul Jun 20, 2001 at 3:29 PM 3 replies 450+ views
Original Post
devnul
devnul
I have a couple of questions about C#. 1. Can I use DirectX with C#? 2. Is C# as easy as Visual Basic? ========================
Tip: If you do not want to receive this notification, click the Options link on the top horizontal menu bar. On the Options page, click the Preferences link. Scroll down to the Confirm Sent Messagesoption and select No .

========================
Tip: If you do not want to receive this notification, click the Options link on the top horizontal menu bar. On the Options page, click the Preferences link. Scroll down to the Confirm Sent Messagesoption and select No .
jinushaun
jinushaun
1. Can I use DirectX with C#
Should be, since C# comes with .NET and I think the langs in Visual Studios.NET share a common library. Also Direct X is made by Microsoft. Visual Basic is made by MS. C# is "made" by MS. Visual Basic can do DX. Come on, follow the (bouncing) logic (ball).

2. Is C# as easy as Visual Basic?
I'd say no. It's essentially the MS version of Java. C# is what MS wanted to do with Java, but couldn't because of those bloody legally binding contracts. If you've seen Java, you know C# is not easier than VB, despite the claim that Java is a RAD lang.

Jinushaun

Edited by - jinushaun on June 20, 2001 8:51:56 PM
Epolevne
Epolevne
You can use DX with C#. As a matter of fact some of the .NET framework Interop samples are in C#/DirectX.

If you already know Basic (VB, et al) then VB.NET would be the logical upgrade path. If you know C++ then C# would be the RAD compiler you''d want to use. Although, most of the .NET SDK help was in C#, I didn''t have a problem "converting" it to VB.net at all. Mostly just small syntax changes...but these were simple samples.

Be sure to download Beta 2 before you start to dev...since a lot has changed since Beta 1.

Epolevne

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.