Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

2d artist looking for a small part-time as illustrator or concept artist (LU02-08-09)

Started by NightmareGK13 Dec 18, 2008 at 10:48 AM 11 replies 6.2k views
Original Post
NightmareGK13
NightmareGK13
Hello im new around these parts so forgive me if some of the codes of the images aren't that good About me/Bio: Name: Rui Ferreira Age: 19 Current Location: Setubal, Portugal Specialty: Character Designing, Background, both fantasy and futuristic Previous Projects: Elvana, Märchen (http://bluewavestudios.deviantart.com), Logo design for Fraguccino (first paid job) Expected compensation: paid, but prices are arguable and cheap, but due to taxes and current currency exchange i am forced to raise a little bit the prices. Contact: contact me by e-mail or by PM first, don't add me straight away - takerwwe@msn.com I'm a 18-year-old Portuguese art student, im currently finishing high-school and next year i'll be in college finishing off my studies. I've been drawing since i was six but my evolution was slowly mainly because i took it quite lightly and never really committed myself to art. It was on 2005 that i started to get serious about becoming someone on the art business. I went to high-school and then things speed up, later i finally decided on what i would like to do and that would be being a concept artist, namely a Character Designer. I've taught myself the digital arts for just 1 year and this is how i am so far. You can see all of my works on deviantArt i also have a gallery on ConceptArt.org and a Sketchbook. Since i just recently created my paypal account i came here to gain not only experience but also some money to help me out, i've been working for free so far but i decided to put an end to my exploitation. I worked on the Elvana project but they simple requested a full time which is something impossible for me due to personal reasons (and hence my personal life) and because i also have school and driving lessons to attend to. I'm simply looking fr a small paid part-time or just simply a stand alone illustration. Website/portfolio: PortfoliodeviantArt Some Works: Some of these are FanArt, i wont post more originals due to art theft or idea theft XD city city city city city Sorry if i messed up with the codes like i said im new here but you can chek out the links and check out my works properly :D thanks in advance for the visits [Edited by - NightmareGK13 on August 2, 2009 4:52:41 PM]
F_Madison
F_Madison
I contacted Rui via email shortly after running across this post, I was impressed with his style and actually contacted him to see if he was interested in making a logo. He accepted and ended up being one of the fastest most pleasurable experiences I've had in purchasing any type of asset online, he was able to take my rough (very non-artist) idea and give back exactly what I had pictured, practically overnight. Excellent guy, excellent price, excellent work. I just had to comment if anyone was considering contacting Rui for some work, don't miss out, he's extremely talented.
Monochrome-
Monochrome-
Quote:
Original post by F_Madison
I contacted Rui via email shortly after running across this post, I was impressed with his style and actually contacted him to see if he was interested in making a logo. He accepted and ended up being one of the fastest most pleasurable experiences I've had in purchasing any type of asset online, he was able to take my rough (very non-artist) idea and give back exactly what I had pictured, practically overnight. Excellent guy, excellent price, excellent work. I just had to comment if anyone was considering contacting Rui for some work, don't miss out, he's extremely talented.


Why hello there, mr. sockpuppet.
F_Madison
F_Madison
Quote:
Original post by Monochrome-
Why hello there, mr. sockpuppet.


Yeah, that was appropriate. Be rude to someone showing appreciation for quality service provided.
NightmareGK13
NightmareGK13
Quote:
Original post by F_Madison
Quote:
Original post by Monochrome-
Why hello there, mr. sockpuppet.


Yeah, that was appropriate. Be rude to someone showing appreciation for quality service provided.


never mind him
it has been a pleasure working with you and hope to hear news soon

here's an update
just to bring this a few pages up ;)

DragonSlayer
NightmareGK13
NightmareGK13
DragonSlayer

this is copywritten by me
not in the u.s.a. but in portugal
so orphans bill go f* urself
mickeyren
mickeyren
Hi

How much do you charge? I have a demo game here, but its just for my portfolio its not commercical or anything.

You can see a short video here:



I would love to have a concept art for it.
nsmadsen
nsmadsen
NightmareGK13-

Your work looks great. Congrats! Watch your bumping. You've done four updates in a row.

The Bumping Policy clearly states:
Quote:

Bumping:

As a general rule, bumping is not allowed in the Help Wanted forum. There are however, certain conditions under which it will be allowed:

* If after 2 days your thread has received no replies. In this case, you may bump the thread once, but you should first make some changes to the original post - try to provide updates and/or additional information. You may repeat this a few (not more than three or four) times, after which you should wait a couple of weeks.

* If you are adding additional content, you may do so by editing the original post.

* You may at any time post to say that all positions have been filled.

* You may at any time respond to questions posted in your thread.


This is an effort to allow the forum to choose which posts get a good deal of focus and responses- not the project's author. Otherwise, we'd have people spamming their posts over and over again which clogs up the system. There is enough of a window to allow your posts to be bumped. You've used that window now. Unless someone responds with a question, I'd reserved the updates to only the original post.

Thanks,

Nate
Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios

Austin, TX
NightmareGK13
NightmareGK13
Quote:
Original post by mickeyren
Hi

How much do you charge? I have a demo game here, but its just for my portfolio its not commercical or anything.

You can see a short video here:



I would love to have a concept art for it.


I don't really discuss such matters publicly as there is a huge variation from job to job.
Send me a note more about it and ill be happy to help ;)


My apologies for the bumps there Nate
I understand the situation but I receive plenty of offers via PM and E-mail
the bump is merely to let people know i am uploading new stuff since the edit on the original post wont actually pop it up back to the front page ^^;
But if i do not get a reply for over two days i ca still bump right?
of course i will change he original post

anyways i apologize fr it
NightmareGK13
NightmareGK13
for bumping purposes
if this is incorrect somehow let me know
NightmareGK13
NightmareGK13
*bump*

don't be afraid to comment here XD

[Edited by - NightmareGK13 on March 23, 2009 6:10:47 PM]

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.