Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Omega sector, early version demo available!

Started by Addictman Jan 3, 2009 at 2:54 AM 2 replies 1k views
Original Post
Addictman
Addictman
Visit the blog at Omega Sector to download it and give it a spin! Or, you can download it directly here Omega Sector.rar. It's currently hosted by File Savr. Read the blog if you have problems running it! A couple of screenshots: Menu screenshot Demo screenshot [Edited by - Addictman on January 3, 2009 8:10:52 AM]
Development blog, The Omega Sector -- http://www.omegasector.org
swiftcoder
swiftcoder
Quote:
Original post by Addictman
Visit the blog at www.omegasector.org to download it and give it a spin!
Adding a screenshot and description to your post, and making your link clickable (use HTML syntax) will certainly help attract views. [smile]
Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]
Staffan E
Staffan E
I downloaded and tried the game. First I had to manually set the PATH to include the java host (WinXP). Your app could try to locate it automatically to make it easier to run. (I realize that many targets would already have their path equivalent correctly set, but for those who don't...)

After that the game ran smoothly without errors. A key binding notice would have been nice and also automatic firing while holding down the LMB/Spacebar. Having to mash down on the key for every bullet is a bit annoying.

To be frank I am a little pissed that I couldn't kill the boss (believe me I tried), but on the other hand I couldn't die either so I guess it balances out. [smile]

Anyway, congrats on getting this far. I look forward to trying out your next release.
Hack my projects! Oh Yeah! Use an SVN client to check them out.BlockStacker
Addictman
Addictman
Hi! First to staaf, thanks for downloading and playing! Good tip on the automatic Path variable, - it's those things you forget when it is done on your own computer.

For the button mashing... It's actually intentional this way. I have plans to base score on not only kills, but on hit percent, damage taken and so forth, so I thought listening on key-released events gave best control. However, if it proves too annoying, I'm going to consider changing it.

Glad you liked it!

Swiftcoder, good idea, i'll be updating the post shortly.
Development blog, The Omega Sector -- http://www.omegasector.org

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.