Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked 🤖 Godot

IPhone Development

Started by yaroslavd Jan 8, 2009 at 5:05 PM 1 replies 1k views
Original Post
yaroslavd
yaroslavd
I just found out you have to pay $99 to not only publish an iphone app but even to test the app on my iphone. Is there a way around that? Is there some sort of free contract to maybe make free apps?
RabblePants
RabblePants
Just test it on the simulator - it's got a couple of issues, but it works very well over all. If you want to take it further (distribute and sell), then just cough up the $99 and move on :) Honestly, paying $99 to distribute on somebody else's platform is pretty friggin' cheap.
Deaken Frost
Deaken Frost
You could always jailbreak your iphone. Using QuickPWN (http://www.quickpwn.com/) this is almost embarrassingly easy.

I don't know however if there is a comfortable way to upload your app to the jailbroken device. A quick google search turned up this: http://www.theevilboss.com/2008/08/running-sdk-apps-on-jailbroken-201.html, but this seems to be a PITA to do for every build.

But maybe there is a way to use a jailbroken iphone with xcode that I am not aware of. The ability to deploy / debug / profile on the device with just one click is something I don't want to forgo.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.