Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

clipping with directx

Started by ZomeonE Dec 28, 1999 at 5:49 AM 3 replies 700+ views
Original Post
ZomeonE
ZomeonE
Whats the best way to do clipping with directx?

* DirectX Clippers?
* ->Blt(&dest_rect,...,&source_rect,....,...)
* something else?

Machaira
Machaira
I haven't had any trouble using DirectX's clippers. I've heard that they're slow, but I haven't noticed it.

------------------
Breakaway Games

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development
blaze
blaze
Implement your own.

------------------
--Shannon Schlomer, BLAZE Technologies, Inc.

--Shannon Schlomer, BLAZE Technologies, Inc.
Zenroth
Zenroth
Use directx's or your own,I personally havent noticed a slow down with directdraws. Why would it be slower? Clipping is a pretty simple matter,given there are ways to speed it up ,but in general i imagine the performance of directdraws is fine.
ZomeonE
ZomeonE
The DirectX clippers are REALLY slow on my computer. It's really strange because I can run Quake 3 at a decent framerate with my 2 year old 3d card. (NVIDIA RIVA 128)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.