Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Help me find this program

Started by Guimo Jan 13, 2009 at 5:48 PM 2 replies 1.1k views
Original Post
Guimo
Guimo
I remember some time ago someone posted a program which was able to open binary files and explore its contents. The program used a XML file to describe the fields of the file so that you were able to define your own data format. It used the same XML file to create a simple interface. If anybody knows the name of the program I'm talking about please tell me how to get it. I just cant find it anywhere. Luck! Guimo
kittycat768
kittycat768
Quote:
Original post by Guimo
I remember some time ago someone posted a program which was able to open binary files and explore its contents. The program used a XML file to describe the fields of the file so that you were able to define your own data format. It used the same XML file to create a simple interface.

If anybody knows the name of the program I'm talking about please tell me how to get it. I just cant find it anywhere.

Luck!
Guimo


It sounds to me like your talking about a hex editor. They are a dime a dozen. To the Google-mobile! It also might help if you explain what you are actually trying to do.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I once read that World of Warcraft is poor fishing simulator. I don't know about you but I catch a lot more fish in World of Warcraft than I do in real life.
Zahlman
Zahlman
Quote:
Original post by chlerub
It's called FileCarver.

Link: http://fizzysoft.net/


Darn. And something exactly like this was on my personal projects list ;)

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.